The chemical Industry has advanced essentially over the past numerous years ending up today a significant giver towards the economies of many creating nations. Material colors however a little part is a noteworthy section of this industry and with the blast in materials, the matter of material colors has likewise expanded significantly. Today, India leads the pack position worldwide in the production of Reactive Dyes.
REASONS BEHIND SO NAMED Reactive colors are purported on the grounds that this is the main kind of colors, which has a responsive gathering, and that receptive gathering responds synthetically with fiber polymer atoms and structure covalent bond.
WHAT ARE REACTIVE DYES?
Reactive Dyes are the most adaptable and prominent class of Organic Dyes for bringing in shading on cellulosic strands. As the name recommends, these colors synthetically respond with cellulose to frame a covalent bond between color particle and cellulose.
THE NOTABLE HIGHLIGHTS OF REACTIVE DYES ARE
- Their Brilliant Shades
- Simplicity of Application
- By and large Good Fastness Properties
The ubiquity of Reactive colors with material processors is because of its flexibility in an application by different coloring strategies, for example, exhaust coloring, semi-persistent, and constant coloring just as different printing techniques by direct printing, oppose printing, release printing and in all respects as of late by inkjet printing.
Mahickra Chemicals Limited offers a wide scope of Reactive colors as recorded underneath too for all intents and purposes meet the vast majority of the prerequisites of cotton material processors.
Environmental protection and water conservation have turned out to be two principal variables of worry in the material business. A great deal of cash is spent on research to create colors and procedures that cling to the intentional, lawful, retailer and brand confined substance list necessities. This has increased present expectations of value for colors that will be utilized in the material production process. There is an accentuation to acquire colors with new concoction structures that will be without overwhelming metals and incandescent light and hold fast to the worldwide gauges that diagram great quality tank colors, essential colors and others utilized in the material business. Cutting edge innovations are being received to deliver synthetic substances and colors utilized in the material business. Nano-innovation is one of them with nano-natural coloring turning into a significant piece of it. Coloring forms have changed to turned out to be increasingly robotized and eco—cordial.
A color, which is equipped for responding synthetically with a substrate to frame a covalent color substrate linkage, is known as receptive colors. Here the colors contain a responsive gathering and this receptive gathering makes a covalent bond with the fiber polymer and goes about as a necessary piece of fiber.
Response D-SO2-CH2-CH2-O SO3Na + HO-cell → D-SO2-CH2-CH2-O-cell + NaHSO3 D-SO2-CH2-CH2-O SO3Na + NH2-fleece → D-SO2-CH2-CH2-NH-Wool + NaHSO3 Here, D = colors part. Fleece = fleece polymer. Cell = cellulosic polymer.
PROPERTIES OF REACTIVE DYE
- Responsive colors are cationic colors, which are utilized for coloring cellulose, protein and polyamide filaments.
- Responsive colors are found in powder, fluid and print glue structure.
- Amid colouring, the receptive gathering of these colors shapes a covalent bond with fiber polymer and turns into a basic piece of the fiber.
- Receptive colors are dissolvable in water.
- They have generally excellent light speed with a rating around 6.
- Material materials colored with receptive colors have generally excellent wash speed with a rating around 4-5 because of solid covalent bonds framed between fiber polymer and responsive gathering of colors.
- Receptive color gives more splendid shades and has moderate scouring speed.
- The coloring strategy for responsive colors is simple.
- It requires less time and low temperature for coloring.
CLASSIFICATION ON THE BASIS OF THE REACTIVE GROUP
- Halogen derivatives
- Triazine group
- Pyridimine group
- Quinoxaline dyes
- Activated vinyl compound
On the basis of temperature
- Hot Brand
- Cold Brand
On the basis of reactivity
- Highly reactive
- Moderate reactive
CHARACTERISTICS OF A RESPONSIVE GATHERING OF RECEPTIVE COLOR
- Reactive gatherings don’t add to the shade of color. Chromogen bunch gives it.
- The reactivity of the vinyl sulphone bunch is not as much as that of halogen gathering.
- If no of receptive gathering builds, restricting additionally increments.
- Reactive colors assimilate up to 90%.
- Molecular load of responsive gathering 69-211gm/mole.
- If the sub-atomic load of receptive gathering expands, reactivity increments.
- Chlorine grants medium reactivity, however, it is shabby.
- Reactivity of fluorine is the least and its rate hydrolysis is likewise less.
- Reactivity of vinyl sulphone bunch increments with expanding temperature and pH.
- Sulphone bunch has greater dissolvability however it isn’t steady.
- Generally, low atomic weight colors are of a hot brand.
- Less liking colors are utilized for cushion strategy.
Important Factors for Dyeing Cellulosic Fibre
- pH of the dye bath
- Amount of alkali
- Dyeing temperature
- Electrolyte concentration
- Time of Dying
- Liquor ratio
Assistants Used For Dyeing With Reactive Dyes
- It neutralizes the electronegativity of the fiber surface when immersed in the solution.
- It puts extra energy to push the dye inside the fiber polymer i.e. increase absorption of the dye.
- To maintain proper pH in the dye bath and thus to create the alkaline conditions.
- Alkali is used as a dye-fixing agent.
- It helps to get the required shade of dye.
- Extra colors are removed from the fiber surface. Thus washing fastness is improved. Soaping increases the brightness and stability of the dye.
Fiber-responsive colors are the most lasting of all color types. In contrast to different colors, it really shapes a covalent bond with the cellulose or protein particle. When the bond is framed, what you have is one atom, as the color particle has turned into a real piece of the cellulose fiber particle. No big surprise you can securely wash an article of clothing that has been colored in splendid fiber receptive hues with white garments, a hundred times, without imperiling the whites at all – regardless of whether it is all extraordinary brilliant hues, or even strong dark! As opposed to every single other color the responsive colors tie artificially to the material strands, fibers, significantly improving the product’s color stability and washability. In this manner responsive kicking the bucket of cotton is as of now the most broad material passing on the procedure on the planet.